6-apdb is an analogue of MDA where the heterocyclic 4-position oxygen from the 3,4-methylenedioxy ring has been replaced with a methylene bridge. and similar in structure and effects it is an stimulant/entactogenic compound of the phenethylamine and amphetamine classes.
6-apdb effects usually last between 6–12 hours(apparently the duration is highly dose dependent). With threshold effects in a male of approximate weight of 180 at 25-30 mg ingested within a course of an hour. Another 20 mg within another hour of initial dosing equaling 45-50mg gave a EXTREMELY noteworthy high very much similar to MDMA - but more so in lines with MDA due to its visual nature. The drug seems to have 3 stages to its high, the come up is very stimulant like and slowly declines in stimulation towards hour 2 becoming more visual, (this is stage 2) (OEV and CEV) lights have tracer/rainbow outline effects similar to MDMA/MDA and body high is similar as well including sense of well being, tingles that come in waves, and what I would most like to call a body tracer, (best explained by imagining the feeling of touching your own skin and having physically FELT a tracer rather than seeing tracers) For example when the subject scratched his head, it had felt like his fingers were still touching areas of his head that he was no longer brushing against. Stage 3 happens about another 2-3 hours later so total time elapsed from initial dose approx. 5-6 hours the stimulation appears to return and the visuals decline again. Unfortunately I am unsure of how long this would have continued at stage 3 although other reports indicate as mentioned above trips lasting up to 12 hours, I am unsure of this information, the subject was unable to continue testing at this time and had wished to bring himself down with some etizolam so he could be well rested for work the next day. He dosed 2 mg etizolam approximately 6-7 hours after initial dose of 6-apdb with no adverse reactions(although mixing research chemicals is not suggested).
- mild open and closed eye visuals, including trails, color shifts, brightening, etc.
- mood lift
- mental and physical stimulation
- increase in associative & creative thinking
- increased awareness & appreciation of music & art
- feelings of love and empathy (Similar to MDMA/MDA, but not 100% the same these effects seem to come in waves of empathy similar to how visuals come in waves on mushrooms.)
- general change in consciousness
- pupil dilation
- unusual body sensations (facial flushing, chills, goosebumps, body energy)
- change in perception of time, time dilation
- slight increase in heart rate, decrease is also possible and seems to fluctuate so be careful.
- bruxism(teeth grinding)
- slight tremors during come up (due to stimulant nature)
(likelihood of negative side effects increases with higher doses)
- difficulty focusing
- scrambled communication (using wrong words or mixing thoughts)
- paranoia, fear, and panic
- unwanted and overwhelming feelings
- dystonia (rare - if unexpectedly dosing too high, or you are overly sensitive to this chemical)
- seizure (rare - unknown?)
- death (rare - unknown?)
Toxicity and harm potential
6-apdb is a very new substance, with little known about its pharmacological or behavioral risks. The LD50 (median lethal dose) is not known.
AGAIN to reiterate:
Elaborate studies on this substance have not been performed, so long term effects are UNKNOWN 6-apb is thought to potentially be cardiotoxic due to it's agonism for 5-HT2B - thought to be similar to MDMA/MDA in neurotoxicity - recommended not to partake more than 1-2 times per month is the general consensus!
Wikipedia, Erowid(for info on 6-apb - minimal available on 6-apdb), Trip reports scattered on the internet on various sites, personal experience with 50MGs taken over the course of 2 hours.