- 1 Brief overview - What is Mescaline?
- 2 Chemical and physical properties
- 3 Effects
- 4 Pharmacology, toxicity and general safety
- 5 Plants containing mescaline
- 6 Extraction teks
- 7 Dosages and consumption methods
- 8 History of usage
- 9 Analysis of Mescaline
- 10 Scientific publications
- 11 Other links of interest
Brief overview - What is Mescaline?
Chemical and physical properties
For solubility, melting point, etc, check the Mescaline Chemical and Physical Properties WIKI
Extremely long, slow comeup, lasting 2+ hours. Nausea or purging for some, not for others. Higher doses can increase chances of purging, feeling of being poisoned and dizziness/difficulty standing/walking. Lower to mid doses could yield a feeling of nausea quickly followed by a "rolling" sense of euphoria.
Trip is extremely long lasting - 10-14 hours plus.
Color and music enhancement are exquisite.
Visuals are more organic looking than LSD. More rounded corners, fewer sharp edges, in every sense of the term. Colors are deeply and thoroughly saturated.
Pharmacology, toxicity and general safety
Plants containing mescaline
Dosages and consumption methods
WARNING: Always start with lower doses due to differences between individual body weight, tolerance, metabolism, and personal sensitivity.
- Threshold 50 mg
- Light 100 - 200 mg
- Common 200 - 400 mg
- Strong 400 - 800 mg
- Heavy 800 mg+
Duration 8 - 12 hours:
- Onset 45 - 90 minutes
- Come up 60 - 120 minutes
- Peak 4 - 6 hours
- Comedown 2 - 3 hours
After effects 6 - 36 hours
Mescaline is usually in a solid salt form. The type of salt can slightly affect dosage. In general the HCl salt is 90% stronger than other forms usually encountered.
Product needed to carry one millimol of mescaline:
- Mescaline FB (reference, not encountered): 212mg
- Mescaline HCl: 248mg
- Mescaline Citrate: 275mg
- Mescaline Hydrogen Citrate: 307mg
- Mescaline Dihydrogen Citrate: 402mg
- Mescaline Malate: 278mg
- Mescaline Sulfate Dihydrate: 278mg
- Mescaline Bicarbonate (rare): 274mg†
†Bicarbonate form is assumed since carbonic acid's Pka2 > Mescaline's Pka
History of usage
Analysis of Mescaline
- Mescaline Oral Dosage