Automatic Data Collection
Like most Web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all of the information that your web browser sends when it requests a web page, including:
- the name, domain, and numerical internet address of the "host" computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider and not your personal computer) from which you access the Internet. For example, your host computer's name and its numerical address
- the date and time you accessed our site
- the Internet address of the web page that you came from
- the page you requested from our site and the number of characters sent to your computer
- the information your web browser software sends as its so-called "User Agent," which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer
- The DMT-Nexus periodically summarizes and analyzes these log files to learn how visitors use content on the site. This information is used to allocate resources effectively and to improve the content, organization and performance of our site. This process does not collect, store or use personally-identifying information such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
Collection and Release of Gathered Information
It is the policy of the DMT-Nexus to collect only that personally-identifying information (such as nickname and e-mail address) that visitors to the DMT-Nexus's website knowingly and voluntarily provide by completing one of the forms on the website.
The DMT-Nexus is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. The DMT-Nexus does not collect, save or store such personally-identifying information from our visitors who just browse through our website without completing any forms, and does not attempt to identify users or share user information with any parties outside of the DMT-Nexus, except as described above, in the event of a suspected attempt to deliberately circumvent our system's security with the intent to gain unauthorized access to or to do physical damage (for example, an attack by hackers).
When a member posts in the forum, wiki or chat, his message becomes public domain and the member automatically accepts and allows others to quote, comment and use the information provided in the post, as well as allowing moderators and administrators of the DMT-Nexus to edit and remove messages deemed innapropriate. Members are provided with an 'edit/delete' functionality for their own posts by default, but these functions may be disabled at any time by forum moderators and administrator if a user's actions damages the forum. This may happen specially in the case a member starts mass-deleting his/her posts and interfering with the flow of threads where his/her messages were an integral part of a discussion.
When you send us via e-mail (in a message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a form that e-mails us this information), we use it to respond to your requests. We may forward your e-mail to other moderatorss of the DMT-Nexus who are better able to answer your questions. We do not retain or distribute lists of e-mail addresses to any parties outside of the DMT-Nexus. In no event, do we distribute lists of e-mail addresses to any outside parties. Information collected via e-mail will be retained at our discretion in a directly readable form as long as necessary to complete our response.
Links to Other Websites
Changes to this statement
The DMT-Nexus has the discretion to update this privacy statement at any time. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us.