The DMT Nexus is a community dedicated to expanding knowledge regarding DMT and related psychedelics, with a strong focus on the safety and respect necessary both in the use of these substances as well as in the form of developing the knowledge and sharing the knowledge within the community. For a propper functioning of the community, all of those browsing and posting here agree to honor the following key points:
- Over 18 years.
- No discussion on selling, buying, prices, trading or smuggling of drugs. This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed in the Supplier's section are legal ethnobotanicals and legal/unwatched chemical supplies. See Street Value of DMT (AND WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EVER SELL DMT) for good reasons why we don't allow this.
- Respectful communication. Watch your language. Communication is comprised of not only the explicit but also the implicit messages, which are transmitted through choice of words and general tone of speech. We do not want curse words and immature slangs in the Nexus! Please use language in a dignified manner.
- No confrontational attitude. Diversity, constructive criticism and differing opinions are welcome. Nobody has to acritically agree with everything in this community. Nevertheless, we do not want a confrontational attitude, members that are constantly antagonistic, that turn arguments into fights and worsen the atmosphere. We don't appreciate dramas or excessive sarcastic posting. If one is not happy with a discussion, respectfully state why or don't post at all. Don't use the nexus for venting your personal frustrations, please question yourself why is each post being written, if it is beneficial to the community.
- Quality of facts and reasonable arguments. If you post something as a fact, you have to be able to provide a reliable source for your argument. This depends contextually, but a peer-reviewed publication is an example of what could be a good source, and a random unknown website or what “someone said” could be an example of an unreliable source. If you state something as your opinion then please support that opinion with good reasoning. If you cannot do that then don't state your opinion at all since it's useless for others. This is not Facebook with like/dislike.
- Safe and constructive drug talk. This forum is not a place for superficial unsafe talk of drugs such as excessive use and dosages, unsafe COMBINATIONS and settings and careless use of substances that naturally have a riskier profile without due disclaimers and clear signs of having learned from mistakes and offering insights for better usage. See this thread for more info: Policy regarding discussion of different drugs. Also we do NOT give medical advice here (such as telling people to not see doctors and go to shamans for serious medical problems, etc), as this thread explains. Lastly, please read the Health and Safety section for contra-indications, facts and tips on safety, reducing risks, dealing with difficult experiences, integrating the trips and maximizing benefits.
- No preaching. If you have an opinion about something, respectfully state it, but please do not talk in absolutes about Right and Wrong or disrespectfully disregard other world views. No matter how convinced, nobody has A monopoly over knowing what life or the universe is all about, of knowing what happens after death or exactly what 'hyperspace' is and where the experiences come from.
- No unsafe extraction settings and procedures. We are against people extracting or using substances in student dorms/parents/shared houses or any other unsafe place or where the owners or roommates do not agree with what is being done. We do not give tips on 'stealth' teks. Do not do it unless the owner of the place accepts his/her full responsibility FOR the actions being done. If you dont have such a place to extract now, be patient, many have waited years and years for the right moment.
No synthesis talk that uses dangerous/watched chemicals and procedures, and processes for commercial purposes. Discussion of simple safe non-commercial synthesis not requiring watched chemicals are tolerated (example: the reduction of dmt n-oxide to dmt with zinc, or the supposed lsa-to-lsh conversion).
- No commercial-scaled extractions and reckless “spreading”. The Nexus is not a place for commercial operations and we do not want to support drug dealers; this is for personal use. If and when sharing these substances, we believe that it has to be done without money or other payments involved, individually, and with a careful approach to its introduction to any person. Care that the person ingesting has no countraindicating medical/psychological history, takes it in a proper set and setting, and correct dosage/ method of ingestion are essential, and this cannot be done if the substances are spread on a large scale. Indiscriminate spreading of psychedelics can lead to potential serious damage to people and is a big legal liability. Big extractions (and the preparations leading to it and gathering of materials) can attract the attention of the Law. Spreading of the message of psychedelics itself through superficial youtube videos showing use or extractions can also cause a lot of damage to the community and is frowned upon.
- No Conspiracy Theories. Due to the divisive unconstructive fear-mongering nature of CT topics and the fact that they often rely on unreliable anecdotes and sources make them an undesired topic here in the Nexus.
- Critical thinking and basic autonomy We try to encourage and expect critical thinking between members. This means one should question one's assumptions and actions, for example seeing if it can impact negatively upon oneself or others around you. We do not want people displaying arguments and trains of thought that are reckless and dangerous, or talking about things that can be a liability. Also one should do basic research before asking and saying things, we do not want to spoonfeed answers. The FAQ and WIKI, the Nexus search function and Google are basic tools everybody should use and should already help prevent the repetition of topics,( pointing of obvious and superficiality of talk.)?
- Learn and give back. The Nexus is a community that thrives on the collaborative efforts of members in different areas throughout the years. We depend on the contributions of all Nexians, be it seniors or new members, to create, maintain and update the quality information here. If you have enjoyed, learned from and made use of the information and discussions here, please take your time to also contribute back. Each person has their own unique way to contribute, so you have to find your own. A few ideas: improve chemical knowledge and do side-by-side tests,, participate in discussions and criticise constructively other arguments, critically question other people to improve depth of discussions, contribute to the nexus wiki, sharing trip reports, mediating arguments between people who cant find consensus, post interesting links to related subjects, contribute to sustainability Nexus, donating, suggesting new changes to design or forum, etc. Give back, and be a co-creator of this incredible place :)
- Note: Art Van D'Lay is the only person exempt from these rules. If anybody posts in opposition to our stated attitude, Art will be let loose on the offender :D